Pages

Movement

One of the biggest lessons I have learned this past year is that you have to keep moving. Movement and action are a sign of life.


Several times this year I have begun to move in a certain direction only to find that it either was not working, needed more time or needed to be done differently. It is easy to feel like a failure when you stake a claim, put your name on it and say this is what I am going to do….only to have it not come to fruition. But I am learning that is a normal part of discovering your path and that the movement in general is the important part.


You see in the past I would have never made the first step. I would have never started a music subscription service. I would have never attempted to book a spring tour. I would have never put out 2 ep’s. I would have convinced myself that no one cares or that I was not good enough or that everyone would just think “oh there goes that dreamer again”. To be honest those thoughts still keep me from doing things each day. Fear. Fear of my own insecurities. Fear of what you might think of me.


For instance I used to love blogging and was at a point a few years back where I had a lot of readers. But I allowed fear in and stopped. I had some negative feedback. I offended a few people. And it became too much. Every single day of my life I think of things I want to write about and share with the world. But I don’t because I don’t want to offend, I don’t want to make waves and I am afraid of what others may think.


And so the movement stopped in that area. And for the time being it has died.


Movement is life.


Whats my point? My point is that there is SOMETHING in your life that has stopped moving or has yet to begin. Maybe fear or insecurities have stopped you. Maybe you can sing but don’t feel like you have the right look. Maybe you are a writer but are afraid to write what you are truly feeling. Maybe you are a baker but are afraid to face the competition. Maybe you are a preacher that is afraid to preach the truth because it may jeopardize your job.


Start moving. It may not be your ultimate direction but if it is forward motion it will contribute to the end result. Just move forward.


The truth is there will be those who will misunderstand you. Who will label you. Who will discourage you. Sometimes it will be your own voice. It is time to put that to rest and move forward.

So with that I am going to start blogging again hopefully regularly. Simply because I have a lot to say. I am going to move forward with several things where fear is holding me back. I may not succeed….I may need to stop and refocus from time to time. But it will contribute to the final goal. And if I can do it...trust me….you can do it. Move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment